So I've done fantasy football in the past, but to little success. I think the problem was that I joined several different leagues, sometimes actually picked my players in a live draft, but then too often would just forget about my team. At the end of the season I would check the results and find a poor result.
This year, I got one request to join a league and I made it my sole team - my baby. Although I knew the live draft was coming, I let it slip my mind and missed it. But I have certainly made up for it in transactions. I have made 7 different moves in just the first 4 weeks of the season.
So far, my solitary confinement to one team has payed off! My team is 3-1 (that loss came in week 1, and I wish I had it back). And I have a pretty solid team, here is my week 5 Roster:
Starters:
QB : Drew Brees - NO;.....3rd in QB rating, 1st in total yards, 1st in %, tied for 4th in TDs
WR: Greg Jennings - GB........1st in total receiving yards
WR: Chris Chambers - SD......tied for 2nd in receiving TDs
WR: Larry Fitzgerald - ARI.....3rd in total receiving yards
RB: Marion Barber - DAL......10th in rushing yards, tied for 4th in TDs
RB: Frank Gore - SF...............tied for 4th in rushing yards, tied for 9th in Tds
TE: Robert Royal - BUF
D: San Diego...........................7th best defense in total yards
K: Rian Lindell - BUF
Bench:
QB: Aaron Rodgers - GB
TE: John Carlson - SEA
RB: Jamal Lewis - CLE
WR: Reggie Brown - PHI
WR: Anthony Gonzalez - IND
D: Philadelphia.....................5th best defense in total yards,
As you can see, it's a pretty good team. I am very happy. But I'm not done with moves either. Aaron Rodgers is struggling, Reggie Brown had an injury and isn't quite 100%. The bench players will probably move around. I'm going to try and get some quality players before others pick them up. I don't think I'll offer any trades, I am quite satisfied with my team. But I might consider a trade if one is thrown my way.
Finally, I'll be updating my team throughout the rest of the season.
No comments:
Post a Comment